A mercenary hirable from A.I.M., first appearing in Jagged Alliance.
Character Info[edit | edit source]
"A quiet and reflective member in excellent standing, Sidney Nettleson entertains a certain fondness for putting things to sleep permanently. Sometimes referred to as the "Sandman," his low-key approach doesn't alter the fact that he is a harsh professional." - Jagged Alliance
"Whether it's sharing a spot of tea with British blue-bloods or putting a .38 slug into an unwanted nuisance, Sidney does it with poise and dignity. Sidney combines the mannerisms of the upper crust with the lightning quickness of a Wild West gunslinger. Years of avid cricket-playing have also given him a much-feared throwing arm." - Jagged Alliance 2
Additional info[edit | edit source]
- Snob, prim and proper.
- No matter what the situation, he never loses his dignity.
- Formal British accent.
- in spite of his accent, his disdain for Australians and description of the Crepitus lead to the assumption that he is probably from New Zealand.
- Cheerful, polite, optimistic professional.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Throwing (Expert)
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Jagged Alliance[edit | edit source]
- "Sorry, but I have personal commitments around here. I'm only taking local assignments for a week or so!" - initial refusal to hire
- "Take but a moment of your time, dear boy, and read between the lines. I am sure you will soon come to realize the benefits of hiring the Sandman" - On call
- "Yes...part of the report is true. I have had relations with certain members of the royal family, however I never so much as shared a spot of tea with Anne!" - On call
Jagged Alliance 2[edit | edit source]
- "Sorry, Sidney Nettleson is currently unavailable. However, if you'd be kind enough to leave your particulars, I shall attempt to make contact with you shortly." - answering machine
- "If you won't be needing your telephone for the next couple of hours, I'd be more than willing to fax you my references." - on call
- "You don't seem prepared to make a commitment at the moment. Perhaps I'll be here when you're ready. Tally-ho!" - on call for too long
- "Sorry for the intrusion. I am currently soliciting offers for future employment and thought you might be interested in proposing a contract extension?" - Contract to expire soon
- "Sorry for the bother, but I thought I should mention that my contract shall be completed in full soon." - Contract about to expire
- "I must say, I was looking forward to seeing this conflict through to its conclusion. However, I could very well be back. Tally-ho!" - Contract expired.
- "Jolly good. I enjoy getting those minor technicalities out of the way so I can concentrate more on matters at hand." - Renewed contract
- "I could rattle off a few hat jokes, but that would be most distasteful." - Seeing head pop
- "I'd marry that girl, if she wasn't already married of course." - Scope takes a kill
- "No. Sorry... Arulco is already rather littered with your casualties." - refuse to join