A mercenary hireable from A.I.M., and a mainstay of the series. Infamous for his aggressive and stubborn nature, and skill with explosives.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Equipment
- 3 Skills
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Notes
"The irrepressible Fidel Dahan was bred for this business. At ease with firearms and explosives, he is wanted on a worldwide warrant for his role in the Cancun Catastrophe, but has managed to stay one step ahead of the organisations seeking his capture." - A.I.M. Dossier, Jagged Alliance
"Due to numerous employee complaints concerning his refusal to follow orders, Fidel "Leave me alone, I'm busy!" Dahan was recently suspended for a thirty-day period. Promising a changed attitude, he was returned to active duty by A.I.M. though because he is so proficient with both firearms and explosives." - A.I.M. Dossier, Jagged Alliance 2
- Has a comical ruthlessness to him. Conveyed by a short, heavy, Cuban accent.
- Usually mad about something, shows hints of a softer side but even that is tainted.
- Psychotically obsessed with explosives, excellent at disarming most bombs.
- Extremely impatient. Type of guy that would force a square into a circle while blaming the square for his frustration.
- Jagged Alliance 2 has Fidel "Not being quite himself lately". There are some hints suggesting this has something to do with the disappearance of Hurl E. Cutter.
- Trivial bits of dialogue in various games suggest he may be homosexual.
Jagged Alliance 2
Jagged Alliance and Deadly Games
- "Leave me alone... I busy!" - Disobeying orders
- "Yes... I work for you." - On hire
- "It have bomb! But it no problem." - Trap detected
- "I see guy here!" - when encountering an enemy
- "Dis guy gonna get it!" - near miss
- "You need bomb guy, no?" - On call
- "You see Hurl... You tell him Fidel say Hello!" - On call
- "I work for you." - On hire
- "This never happen... It must be mistake" - Fired before he could participate in a mission
- "I know you want me back. But I no go back!" - Hiring attempt after firing unfairly
- "I see here something!" - Spotted item
- "Dis guy no see me." - Spotted unaware enemy
- "I see guy!" - Spotted enemy
- "I check pulse, no?" - Remark on enemy killed
- "Good thing I wear my lucky socks!" - Near miss
- "Somebody be shooting at me over here!" - attacked by unseen enemy
- "Dese guys no bug nobody no more!" - All enemies killed
- "Dis no exciting! Fidel no happy here!" - After a few turns without action
- "Must be careful! We get dis back, we win mission." - Holding mission objective
- "It can no be better. We do it for you." - Mission complete
- "Dis good job! I like dis job!" - Withdrawing from mission
- "Fidel no like dis!" - When a female uses the hand icon on him
- "I see you later, no?" - When a male uses the hand icon on him
- "What wrong with you? I tell you..." - Asked to repeat
- "Raffi make me laugh... No Raffi! No Fidel!" - Quitting because you unfairly fired Raffi
- "Raffi a very funny man. I like Raffi, very much! You no like Raffi! You fire Raffi! I no like to work for you!" - Hiring attempt after unfairly firing Raffi
- "It only Raffi! I no want to kill Raffi. Raffi make me laugh..." - Ordered to shoot Raffi
- "You disgrace friendship with Raffi" - Bribe attempt
- "You do better, no?" - Bribe attempt
- "I cannot do this to Raffi! We no talk no more!" - Failed bribe
- "I never, ever, work for you! You fire friend, Raffi!" - Hiring attempt after failed bribe
- "Yo no tell Raffi, okay?" - Successful bribe
- "I go! Maybe I be lucky... I see Hurl Cutter die dere!" - Hiring while Hurl is on team
- "I enjoy killing little, crybaby Cutter" - Ordered to shoot Hurl
- "I give Hurl Cutter reason to cry! Dis guy... Big baby!" -Threatening to kill Hurl
- "I go home! Fidel need excitement! Fidel need killing! Lots of killing!" - Quitting because he didn't kill enough
- "I work for you. I no like it! It too quiet!" - Hiring attempt after he quit because he didn't kill enough
Jagged Alliance 2
- "Hello.. Fidel is in appliance." ,"Dis is taking much time" - On call
- "How long?","You tell the bad guys Fidel is coming. You tell dem that." - On hire
- "How dis thing work? Fidel no here now... Ok, I be here NOW, but no be here when you get message, or you no get machine, you get Fidel. One ting for sure. Fidel likes to kill. And Fidel likes money." - Answering machine
- "Sorry I no contact you sooner. They take Fidel's computer. They say the find files of bad pictures. Is not true. I no know how they get there. Right now is good time for job far away. You come to AIM, we talk." - Return email
- "I find dese bad guys. Da chickens cannot hide from Fidel." - Enemy in hiding
- Due to his stubborn nature, Fidel refuses to move after he begins firing at a standing enemy. To remedy this, remove the weapon from his main hand, put it is a pocket, then put it back in his hand (use the lower side bar so no AP is spent). Also applies in Deadly Games.
- Until Mike, Fidel is the best mercenary when it comes to disarming explosive traps. Plus, he's willing to work from the start, though at a comparatively high cost.
Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games
- Fidel will quit if he doesn't kill enough enemies, stating that the contract too boring and there isn't enough to kill.