"Perhaps you might want to take one of my four trusted native assistants out with you today. He might be some help as a guide." -Jack Richards
Elio is the first native working for Jack that he will offer you as a guide, if you have room in your team. Like the other native guides, he is free of charge and will offer tidbits of information on the various sectors of Metavira as you travel through them.
- Unavailable for work until Day 2. Starting on Day 2, Jack will randomly offer you his assistance should you have less than eight mercenaries on your team.
- Cannot be bribed.
- Will not steal from you.
- Firing him will not count toward your A.I.M. Turnover ratio.
- Should he get killed, it won't affect your A.I.M. Death ratio either, but it will affect your Native Death ratio.
Will quit if:
- If you receive less than a Fair rating for five days in a row.
- Unlike the other native guides, Elio is fast and quite strong, able to open most crates with the help of a crowbar.
- Although a dismal shot, he has above average accuracy with a knife.
- Has no other practical skill.
Like all native guides:
- He cannot improve any skill.
- He has the Heat Resistant trait, making him unaffected by the heat waves that regularly roll through on Metavira.
- He can translate Hervos' message.
- He's extremely good at avoiding and killing Metaviran eels. Elio is notably the best at dealing with eels in Jagged Alliance.
- "I no see nobody!"
- "I see bad man here..." - Enemy spotted
- "I try and kill man..." - When shot at
- "No bullets!"
- "I shoot friend?" - When ordered to shoot a merc
- "It hurt! I die soon!" - When agonizing
- "I tired! No can swim!" - When drowning
- "I tell mister Jack what you do." - When groped